Tips & Tricks : How can I easily take a print out of list of files in a directory?
Here’s a way to save the list files in a folder and print it out from a word document.I hope this feature could be pretty useful sometimes.
To add this option to the default right click context menu in the Windows Explorer.Here’s the way to do that:
1) Open a new file in your notepad.
2) Type in the following command ‘dir /a/-p/o:gen>files_list.doc’
3) Save the file as ‘fileListing.bat’ under c:\winnt
4) Goto Windows Explorer
5) In explorer, open Tools, Folder Options.
6) Select the File Types tab.
7) Press f to scroll to the Folders section.
8) Select the entry labeled Folder
9) For Windows 2000/XP: Press Advanced button.
10) Select New
11) In the action block type “Create File Listing” without the quotes.
12) In the app block click on Browse and select “fileListing.bat” from c:\winnt.
13) Save and exit Folder Options.
14) Open explorer and right click on a folder, select ‘Create File Listing’ .
15) Now the dir list will be generated and stored and the same folder with name ‘files_list.doc’
16) Now you can open the file in MS Word and can do necessary formatting an take a quicker print out.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Tips & Tricks : How can I easily take a print out of list of files in a directory?,” an entry on Flashes of Insight
- March 23, 2005 / 5:01 am